“De Bosgeus”, Bed and breakfast at the ‘Geuzenhoek’ in Horebeke, East-Flanders
We are waiting some more time before we will receive guests again.
As soon as we can fully guarantee the safety and comfort of our guests, you are welcome again.
Horebeke, more precisely the ‘Geuzenhoek’, is to some extent famous, because here still live some ‘Geuzen’. The ‘Geuzen’ or protestants make up a small community, which has stayed and survived in the Flemish Ardennes since the time of the Reformation in the 16th century. For several reasons the region of Horebeke and the Flemish Ardennes is certainly a worthwhile destination: a rich history, a beautiful, accidented landscape for anyone who likes walking, cycling or enjoying the tranquillity and silence. And of course one can eat and drink deliciously in our region.
Horebeke is not far from Oudenaarde (10 km), Ghent (30 km), Brussels (60 km) and the North Sea (75 km).
Who are we?
We live in a completely renovated small farm in Korsele, the heart of the ‘Geuzenhoek’.
The farm is now a very comfortable accommodation, in which the connectedness with nature is intensely perceptible. As we ourselves have enjoyed all over Europe the hospitality, the good quality and the tranquillity of many Bed & Breakfasts, we now want to open up our house for our guests.
From now onwards we can welcome guests again.
What can we offer you now?
• Two guest rooms, both with a double bed
• Each room has a handbasin
• There is one bathroom with shower, toilet and handbasin, just for the guests
• Generous breakfast with magnificent panorama over the garden, the orchard en the fields. When the weather is nice breakfast is served on the terrace.
• There is sufficient space for physical distancing.
• Our house is situated on the picturesque ‘Geuzenhoek’, about which we would like to tell you more.
• Information about the Flemish Ardennes, Protestantism, the cultural town of Oudenaarde, bike rides and walking tours, nice restaurants, interesting spots, …
For two persons
For one person
Some interesting links about the ‘Geuzenhoek’, the Flemish Ardennes and cycling in our region
• The ‘Geuzenhoek’: www.geuzenhoek.be and www.museumabrahamhans.be
• The feast of the ‘Geuzen’: www.geuzenfeest.be
• The Flemish Ardennes: www.toerismevlaamseardennen.be
• Jacob Blommaert and Horebeke: http://members.home.nl/tetrode/Blommaert/Blommaert.htm
• For the fans of cycling and the Tour of Flanders: www.derondeinoudenaarde.be.
Do not hesitate to contact us:
Cornelis en Myriam Blommaert
Korsele48, 9667 Horebeke
Phone : +32(0)22.214.171.124
GPS : 50º50'50.833º41'3.68 14m44s
Copyright © All Rights Reserved